Re: newbie question / problem

2002-06-16 10:49:00
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Scott Stark wrote:

Hi all, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I can't get
procmail to work here. Here's my recipe file:

------------------
SHELL=/bin/sh               #Use the Bourne shell (check your path!)
MAILDIR=/var/mail            #First check what your mail directory is!
LOGFILE=/home/procmail.log
LOG="--- Logging ${LOGFILE} for ${LOGNAME}, "

:0:
* $ ^To:.*PROCMAILTEST
| /home/procmailtest.pl

:0:
${DEFAULT}
------------------

[...]

        We miss some details, but there are things to fix:

1) :0 hfw
2) * ^To:.*PROCMAILTEST
3) | /home/procmailtest.pl

        1) hfw  Because you are going to pass the Header through Filter
                and Wait for exit status.
           No ":" - you could not lock filter.
        2) Use "$" if you are going to include variables in the condition line
           (what you wrote is not error - never mind)

        The last recipe is not required DEFAULT is default.  Procmail lock
        the folder by default.

        To the next, add the following two lines into your procmailrc:

VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all

        The log will help as to help you.

Bye,