Re: RFC822 compliant email address

2002-07-07 01:01:06
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 03:47:15PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
I've had something for this sitting around for a while, so I tossed it up
on the web:

      http://www.well.com/user/barts/email/rfc822rc.txt

It's essentially a translation of the RFC822 address grammer into a regex,
broken up as variables for readability.

Doesn't include the recursive INCLUDERC that would be necessary to strip
out parenthesized comments, though.

I only need to check the address itself, everything else is stripped
off before. Your regexps do what I want to do. Thanks!

* $ subscraddr ?? $addrspec__

This only works if I change it to

   * $ subscraddr ?? ^$addrspec__

otherwise an illegal address like bla[peng(_at_)domain(_dot_)top
is accepted.

 Werner