Re: Pulling text and resending

2002-07-11 01:19:22
At 22:32 2002-07-10 -0700, Matt Thoene wrote:
I know Sean is going to eat me for lunch

Geez, why do I get such a bad wrap? I refer people to the manpages and archives, remind people to use VERBOSE=ON for testing, and to use sandbox configurations. I also infrequently remind them that we don't read minds here, so vague descriptions of their problem, esp. when not accompanied by their script, the test data, and appropriate excerpts from the VERBOSE logs, don't help us to help them.

Lunch ain't for another 12 hours anyway.

the 6th line of text, everytime. What expression can I use that says
"ignore the first 5 lines but copy lines 6 through 11, then take that
copy and forward it to myphonemail(_at_)sprint(_dot_)comL"?

'man sed'.  Or, check out the fabulous ORA book _Sed and Awk_.

# if you want to KEEP a copy in your mailbox, add a 'c' to the flags here.
:0
* whatever_conditions_you_have_to_match_this_message
{
        # keep just lines 6-11 of the body
        # see 'man sed' for explanation of the invocation.
        :0Wbfi
        | sed -n '6-11p'

        # forward (we're keeping headers-n-stuff, which presumably your
        # SMS service will generally toss.  From:, To:, Date:, and Subject:
# are probably of interest. Or use formail to change them if you want.
        :0
        ! myphonemail(_at_)sprintmail(_dot_)com