Re: Defining an rc file for a local mailer.

2002-07-11 15:28:31

Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 18:22 2002-07-10 -0800, Matthew Schumacher did say:

Have you considered simply performing the LDAP lookup from within /etc/procmailrc?

Yes, but then I will be calling procmail twice and ldapsearch once. That cause 2 binaries which depend on 9 libraries to start,

Where exactly does the second invocation of procmail come in when using the /etc/procmailrc approach? I'm unclear.

Opps your right... that would only cause one invocation of procmail. I'll need to do some benchmarking in the lab to determine the performance impact of calling a script to figure out if the user needs the spam filter.

schu