Re: add footer to all mt messages

2002-07-16 03:42:20
In an older episode (15.07.2002, 02:52:18), Andrew Edelstein
<andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com> wrote:

1: This only affects incoming mail, which servers almost no purpose. Why
would
you add a static footer to every message you RECEIVE?

i use procmail to handle a small mailing list and add unsubscribe
information in the footer.

2: Adding footers to all mail is a bad idea, as has been discussed many
times
on this list. Unfortunatly for the life of me I can not track down any
of the
MIME
multipart, it simply won't be seen in any MIME aware mail reader.

good point, i added a condition to exclude MIME mails

 Even if you can
do
that, what if it's a PGP signed or encrypted message? You just broke the
signature or encryption.

did i?
verifying the signature and decrypting a message worked even with the
footer.

thanks for your advice,

wolfgang