Error while writing to "/dev/null"

2002-07-16 20:25:30
(I am aware this is a procmail list, not sendmail, but
I think my problem may be procmail related)

I recently upgraded to the latest version of sendmail
on a box running a kernel version I am embarrased to
say.  Everything seems to have compiled successfully,
but when I recieve an incoming message, I see an error
from sendmail that says"

<message id>: disconnect: open("/dev/null") failed: Is
a directory

immediately followed by:

procmail[<pid>]: Error while writing to "/dev/null"

Then the message gets bounced back to the sender with
a response that says:

procmail: Error while writing to "/dev/null"
554 5.3.5 System file missing

Now I'm sure that there really IS a system file of
some sort missing, but I have waded through stacks of
manuals and I can't seem to figure out which file is
missing.  I did not configure anything specifically in
sendmail to deal with procmail and I suspect the
/dev/null path stems from that.  Can any one help me
out??  (I upgraded to the latest version of procmail
which did not change my problem)

Thanks!

A confused Bryan