Re: Strange procmail behavior

2002-07-19 17:04:41
"Matthias Wulkow" <trespassa(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> writes:
I modified my script with the elements you told me. One problem I still
have is that the mail is no more forwarded, as it's replied, I don't
know where this mail goes, probably bounced, because the user doesn't
get the mail...  Here is the new version of the script:

VERBOSE=yes
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail/procmail.log

:0
* ^TOftp-admin
* ^Subject:.*ftp-liste
* ! ^X-Loop: ftp-admin(_at_)mydomain\(_dot_)net
{
tfile = /etc/ftp-mail-text.txt
LOCKFILE = $tfile.$LOCKEXT

#If I don't put the : after the c , the email has no content
:0 c:
| sudo /usr/sbin/ftp-mail-text.cfg > $tfile

The second colon should not be necessary, given the LOCKFILE assignment
right before that recipe.  Indeed, it's the source of the "Couldn't
determine implicit lockfile from ..." warning in your log.  If removing
causes a problem, then something else is already broken.

:0 h w
| ( formail -r -A "X-Loop: ftp-admin(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)net" -I "From:
ftp-admin(_at_)mydomai
n.net" ; cat $tfile ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
LOCKFILE
}

PS: What I wonder is where the mail goes after it has been replied. The
assigneed user doesn't get it...

That was true of your original recipe too.  The '(formail...)|$SENDMAIL...'
action is a delivering action, so if it succeeds, procmail considers
the message delivered and stops processing the message.  If you want
procmail to continue, then you should put the 'c' flag on that recipe.

Philip Guenther