Re: defining an /etc/procmailrc file changes quota error messages.

2002-07-19 17:11:16
Matthew Schumacher <matt(_dot_)s(_at_)aptalaska(_dot_)net> writes:
When defining this /etc/procmailrc file:
My quota error message stops working.  "procmail: Quota exceeded while
writing "/var/spool/mail/mydean""

What inside this rule could cause my quota error messages to go away.

The setting of LOGFILE is what does it.  Unfortunately, there is no way
to 'undo' a LOGFILE setting to force errors to go back to the original
stderr which is captured by the MTA for inclusion in the error message.

PATH="/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/include:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin"

I strongly doubt you ever execute programs in /usr/include.  Indeed, you
should probably not set PATH at all.  Note that in new enough versions
of procmail, a different value for PATH is used in the /etc/procmailrc
file than in the $HOME/.procmailrc files, such that setting PATH in the
/etc/procmailrc file will not affect the path seen by user's .procmailrc
file.

Philip Guenther