Re: Error while writing with postfix

2002-07-19 16:59:13
pete(_at_)more(_dot_)net writes:
We're running postfix 1.1.11-20020613 on an old Sparc 10 running Solaris
7 for testing, and we want to use procmail for our local delivery agent.
However, every once in a while, with large mailboxes around 50megs,
I get this error where XXXXXXXX is the name of the mailbox:

procmail: Error while writing to "XXXXXXXX"
procmail: Truncated file to former size

We weren't having a problem before with sendmail.

postfix sets the 'max file size' limit for child processes to the value
of its 'mailbox_size_limit' parameter.  Do you set that parameter in
your postfix config?  The default appears to be 50,000 KB.

Philip Guenther