RE: Procmail to screen domain mail

2002-08-02 12:43:30
To make matters worse, this project is for a retirement home so it's going
to have more than it's share of hits on some key words.

Spamassassin looks pretty good.  Are you running Anomy Sanitizer also for
file attachment removal?

What do do you do with messages that you don't delete and files that you
save, it seems like that would mean that somebody would have to wade through
all that trash and make manual decisions on it later.  And if you
automatically delete the trash after a month or something like that, how
would people know that they'd missed a valid e-mail message?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart Schaefer [mailto:schaefer(_at_)zanshin(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 2:25 PM
To: jas(_at_)dect(_dot_)com
Cc: procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: Procmail to screen domain mail

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 jas(_at_)dect(_dot_)com wrote:

Anyway, I'm sure that procmail can do this.  Looking for suggestions
about where to start.  What we'd like to do is grade incomming e-mail to
the domain and file away and eventually delete anything with a high
enough grade.

http://us.spamassassin.org/

However, I recommend against ever deleting anything based on the score
alone.  Possibly based on a combination of score and which rules were
matched, but it's too easy to get a high score by matching a moderate
number of individually innocuous rules.