RE: Procmail to screen domain mail

2002-08-02 15:58:09
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 jas(_at_)dect(_dot_)com wrote:

Spamassassin looks pretty good.  Are you running Anomy Sanitizer also for
file attachment removal?

No, not yet, though I've been looking into installing it.  Instead I'm
using the procmail quarantine script that I just referenced in another
message.  Again:  http://www.well.com/user/barts/email/viriirc.txt

What do do you do with messages that you don't delete and files that you
save, it seems like that would mean that somebody would have to wade
through all that trash and make manual decisions on it later.

I dump tagged messages into a standard mbox-format file (per user) and run
a logrotate script from cron once a day, to generate a summary that gets
mailed to the user and then rotates the file out of the way.  I keep the
file rotation for 7 days before deleting them.  My users are sophisticated
enough to retrieve their own false positives from those files if they spot
one in the summary; you may need to do something else.