Re: attachment scanning

2002-08-14 06:29:16
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Bart Schaefer wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Udi Mottelo wrote:
    Unfortunately metamail doesn't know the Content type
    "multipart/alternative" you can miss some files.

Metamail knows multipart/alternative -- but it interprets it according to
the MIME spec, which says that when given alternatives you select exactly
one of them (the "best" one based on the test criteria in mailcap).

So metamail will never process more than one of the parts in a m/a.  If
you want to forcibly examine the rest of the parts, you need a different
tool, or a hack like rewriting the content-type to m/mixed.

        Thanks Bert, when David Tamkin tald me about I deleted the m/a
        lines as first-aid than I thought it is too brutal and I change
        it to mixed.  From your explain I understand that delete was ok.

        However, it is only my paranoia that blocks me to run F-prot
        directly i.e. f-prot FileName  with no any decoder like metamail.

Bye,
 Udi