Re: Questions about pipes and "-m" option

2002-08-20 16:53:32
On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 03:56:44PM -0500, Philip Guenther wrote:
So it looks like there's something wrong with the SHELL value being used
by procmail.  Try putting
      SHELL = /bin/sh

at the top of the rcfile and see if that fixes the problem.

Yup, that fixed it, thank you.

The correct way to fix that problem is to recompile procmail with the
correct spool information.  Why disable procmail's security checks
when you could have it check the correct location?

(And no, there is no way to change the spool location for the security
checks except to recompile procmail.)

Why does procmail even care about /var/mail/jamesb if I have re-defined
$DEFAULT?

Because that check is made before procmail even knows that you have a
.procmailrc file.

Thanks for also explaining this.  In my case I check the queue regularly
anyway, so I'm fine with letting procmail exit softly so qmail will keep
it in the queue for further retries.  (I've added -t to the invocation
in case of any pathological errors.)