Re: Recipe Questions

2002-08-20 22:58:05
On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 02:54:56PM -0500, Brandon Rasler wrote:
I am trying to trim down my recipe file.
Do these two recipes do the same thing as the single recipe below?

No.
#Single recipe

:0c
* ^Subject:[    ]*(Important: Windows Update|Internet Security Update)
| /home/foo/trap.pl

Multiple condition lines are "anded" (it would have to satisfy both
conditions). You want an "or" (satisfy one OR the other).
I changed your ".*" after the colon to "[       ]" (a literal space and tab),
to prevent matching such things as "Re: Internet security Update" or "Fwd:
Important: Windows Update". Presumably you only want to trap the original
notifications (from Microsoft?), not the messages your well meaning friends
forward to you. Also note that you don't need the H flag to scan just the
header.  This is the default.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.