Re: procmail and if statements

2002-08-22 07:19:54
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 06:48:36PM -0700, Helen McCarthy wrote:
If the time is between 5pm and 7am or if it is a Saturday or a Sunday,
then send an auto-response.
I have tried formating the date command to give me a  2 digit hour and a
day of the week and putting those values into 1 or two environment
variables.  Then I want to match that variable to the hours or days I
want the vaction message sent.  But I can't get this to work.  Can you
help?

Wouldn't it be cleaner (and easier) to just write two different rc
files, with one set up for the auto-response, and use cron to swap them
at the appropriate times?