html tags "remover"?

2002-08-29 08:31:02
I understand that this is slightly off topic, but I can't find anywhere more
appropriate to ask this. Feel free to redirect me...

I would like to use procmail to perform a number of mail tasks, including
anti-spam. It seems to me that it should also be able to run everything
through a filter which I figure must exist somewhere. That filter would
remove all HTML coding from a message, except links that can be clicked on.
The resulting document could be a bit messy, but at least the html tags
wouldn't be cluttering up the content. Simply coded html messages would
likely come through without problems.

Does anyone know of such a filter? Has anyone tried this approach?

Regards,
Michael