Fetchmail & Procmail

2002-09-14 00:47:40
I run a gateway using Clarkconnect (http://www.clarkconnect.org) and have
installed both fetchmail and procmail. What I have at the moment is fetchmail
downloading all my email from all my POP3 accounts (yes I have a few) and
then making this available as an IMAP account on my home LAN, so that I can
access it from any computer on the LAN, and any operating system and get all
my messages.
I want to use Procmail to sort my messages into mail folders: eg: move
messages from this mailing list into this mail folder etc However, I have
been unable to find how to activate Procmail from Fetchmail, and how to
transfer the data about the new messages between them. So basically I want to
have fetchmail activate procmail when it finishes checking ALL POP3 accounts,
and then the new messages are automatically sorted.
I am really new to all this so if this is really simple to do, forgive my
ignorance however I have searched the web and have not found out how to do it
with fetchmail. If someone could just inform me of how to activate procmail
so that it will sort the new emails from fetchmail, then I should be fine (I
can work out how to do the recipes, all I need is to know how to activate
procmail from fetchmail)

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Luke