Re: Fetchmail & Procmail

2002-09-14 05:11:20
On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Luke wrote:

L> I want to use Procmail to sort my messages into mail folders: eg: move
L> messages from this mailing list into this mail folder etc However, I
L> have been unable to find how to activate Procmail from Fetchmail, and
L> how to transfer the data about the new messages between them. So
L> basically I want to have fetchmail activate procmail when it finishes
L> checking ALL POP3 accounts, and then the new messages are automatically
L> sorted.

My setup ran "out of the box."  Fetchmail deilvers to port 25 where
sendmail is waiting.  The mail is then delivered via procmail.

I think the method to make Fetchmail deliver to procmail directly is to
use the MDA keyword in your fetchmailrc

See man fetchmail:

    mda                -m    Specify MDA for local delivery

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )