Re: Mail Reader Recommendations Wanted (was: Getting index's to update using Fetchmail -> Procmail -> MBOX)

2002-09-16 21:12:27
On Monday 16 September 2002 13:28, MindFuq wrote:
# On Monday 16 September 2002 03:09, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
# > # After procmail sorts through my mail and delivers it to different
# > # mailboxes (in the MBOX format), KMail 1.1.99 does not flag them as
 unread # > # messages.
# >
# > This is a kmail thing.  The solution is to have procmail deliver to
# > /home/user/Mail/.file1, .file2..., etc., and then have kmail collect from
# > those files and put them into /home/user/Mail/file1, file2, etc.  A lttle
# > cumbersome, but it works just fine.
#
# Can anyone recommend a linux mail reader that handles the new mail
# notifications properly after procmail dumps the mail into an MBOX formatted
# system, and integrates well with PGP?
#
# I like the look and feel of Sylpheed, but it uses the MH format.
#
# Robin- I appreciate your suggestion for getting KMail to work.  I tried it
# that way and it worked, but I decided it's too annoying for me to create a
# local account for every mailbox, and then be forced to direct all mail to a
# top level folder.  (I could not get it to deliver to lower level folders.)
#
# The one thing I'll miss about KMail is the way it color codes each layer of
# quoting.  Are there any other mail readers that do this?
#

I can understand that it is annoying.  I only use about 8, of which 6 are
needed and the rest are "bells and whistles.  The difference is that I have
had a long time to tinker with this arrangement.  Doing it all at once is a
real pain.  It is a shame that kmail doesn't set a "read" flag, but only
appears to flag new messages that it pulls from the mailbox.  You might want
to take a look at evolution, though that is a bloated Outlook look-alike.  It
has been so long that I've played with evolution, that I really don't
remember what format it uses or how it flags its new mail.

--

Robin Lynn Frank
Paradigm-Omega, LLC