Re: Getting index's to update using Fetchmail -> Procmail -> MBOX

2002-09-19 08:19:25
On Sunday 15 September 2002 12:35, Justin Gombos wrote:
# I finally got procmail working.  I gave up on trying to run it on the
 schools # computer, so I download it w/ fetchmail and run it locally.
#
# After procmail sorts through my mail and delivers it to different mailboxes
# (in the MBOX format), KMail 1.1.99 does not flag them as unread messages.
#
# Has anyone run into the same problem, w/ Kmail or anything else?  I'm
 willing # to switch mail readers if it's going to be a problem to correct it
 w/ Kmail. # I would expect a mailreader that keeps track of the read
 messages, rather # than the unread, would handle this better.  I believe
 Eudoramail works this # way, but it's Windows-ware.

This may be heresy on a procmail list, but why is it necessary to have all
the deliveries made by procmail?  Why not use kmail's internal filters to do
the same thing and avoid the problem?

--

Robin Lynn Frank
Paradigm-Omega, LLC