Re: new user: what am I doing wrong with this recipe?

2002-09-17 23:59:28
in message <007401c25ddd$6f3205a0$0400a8c0(_at_)mail(_dot_)ops(_dot_)net>,
wrote Bill Wilson thusly...

Parv gave me a sense that checking the body of the mail could be
expensive in terms of processing burden,

the burden will depend on the number of e-mails, size of a message,
number of process forked or being waited upon & such.  you will have
to decide it for yourself.

you may find the length comparison operators -- < and > -- of some
interest.

so I constructed [the recipe] to first look for the Japanese tags
in the header, and only further look in the body if the header
shows no hints of Japanese.

just be mindful that not every message has the encoding information
in the header; some contain it in the body.

in any case, your recipes/knowledge may also help me too to nudge
toward a perfect solution for the similar problem.

  - parv