RE: new user: what am I doing wrong with this recipe?

2002-09-16 07:30:52
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that the logic works for
all mail with one of the two conditions (OR) or neither of the two
conditions (NOT).

Terry Poperszky

What you are forgetting in your algorithm is the logic
rule that says [ not-A AND not-B ] is equivalent to [ A OR B ].
Thus, the "Reverse DeMorgan" is properly done like so:

        :0
        * ! ^TO_foo
        * ! ^TO_bar
        { }  # do nothing

        :0 E # else . . .
        /dev/null

Acknowledgment and thanks to David Tamkin for turning me and many others
of us on to the Reverse DeMorgan years ago.

--
dman