Re: PROCMAILLIST: Re: procmail has no solution

2002-09-22 14:09:40

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Paul Chvostek wrote:
On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 04:03:29PM +0500, zafar wrote:

how can i apply recipe throug php and how everyuser can
access and update or write in the recipie.
i get  no idea from anywhere .

Questions like this have been asked a number of times, and the answer
I've seen a few times (and come up with myself when I looked at doing
it) was that writing a GUI (whether PHP or Perl CGI or whatever) to
allow configuration of all the possible subtleties of a procmail recipe
was durn near impossible.

It's not that impossible. Been using procmail myself for a few weeks now
and it took me about 2 hours to write a filter that will store all of the
headers I need within a database. The recipies that follow the the filter
could tag them as spam/nospam/whatever and with that information it's not
hard to parse a list that will at least enable checkups on emailaddresses
and subject for each individual user.

It could be done with almost any language that understands how to split
strings and do some basis regex on the headers.

Regards,

Hans
--
Please don't cc me, I'm reading the list