Re: checking against blacklist

2002-09-29 11:51:45
At 04:07 2002-09-29 +0200, Axel Heinrici wrote:

:0 Whc:
| egrep  -f .falscheReplys
|egrep -E Message-ID: |awk -F " " '{print $2}' >>.falscheReplys

:0 Wh:
| egrep  -f .falscheReplys
listen-reste/

This clearly uses one action line. The first line should be only a test
because of the Whc flag.

No, the first line (after the flags) in your recipes IS NOT a condition, because it doesn't start with "*", which is what condition lines *ALWAYS* start with. lines beginning with filenames or pipes, are delivery lines. You are *DELIVERYING* the message to the egrep, and the listen-reste would be considered an extra line (but if procmail terminates before it gets there - having delivered to the egrep, it isn't likely to complain about it). The flags also look terribly wrong - I suspect you want 'H' not 'h', but seeing as that is the default...

the reason the version above is not putting mails containing the
special message-IDs-mails into "listen-reste/".

To be quite honest, I haven't even attempted to try to make sense of what it is you're doing - first because (no offence) the recipes themselves are so broken, but also because I don't see any sense to taking bad messageids and expecting to see THOSE messageids again.

I would strongly suggest that you start with something simpler, and get a firm understanding of procmail recipe writing before going further. Also, use a "sandbox" testing environment.

Just to clarify things. The reason I want to use mesage ID-s is to
filter things recursively. When there is one message using "subject:
Re:...." without really replying, any mail following as reply to this
is also filtered.

"blacklist" generally implies spam, and spammers tend not to carry on _discussions_, so I don't see how you should expect they're going to have In-reply-to: and References: type headers in their _initial_contact_ messages. If you want to killfile subjects on discussion lists you've become bored with, well, perhaps your approach has merit - though I still expect you'll be having troubles with how much it'll miss.

Besides clients that don't copy the messageid of the previous message into some other header, you've also got the problem of people replying to other threads and changing the subject, just as a way to address a message to the group, or of making an all-new post with the same subject, but which isn't actually a reply to anything.

This gives opportunity to put a message-ID to the list and the whole
following thread is dumped.

Good luck.