Re: hash directories

2002-10-01 22:33:36
"Network Operations" <downtown(_at_)cwo(_dot_)com> writes:
I forgot to mention that /home/o/l/olaf/ is not actually the user home
directory.
Olaf's home directory is /home/olaf.... however, for some specific stuff I
doing here I have /home/o/l/olaf/ as the directory that contains his
procmailrc file.
I don't want procmail to look in $home for the procmailrc file... but
instead in /home/o/l/olaf/.

(psst: $home != $HOME, so don't lowercase the variable name unless
you mean the lowercare version)

Procmail doesn't provide any direct means of doing what you want.
Of course, if you're a good C programmer you can always modify the source.

I hope that this makes "some" sense... ;-)

Without additional explanation, it doesn't really make sense.  Why would
you want to hash the location of users' .procmailrc files but *not*
hash their home directory?

Philip Guenther