Using Procmail to spread Domain Users across several hosts

2002-10-02 06:45:10
Hi Everbody;

Just joined your list to see if anybody can help me regardig my problem.

I am new to procmail. I have 2 RH7 boxes with sendmail and procmail installed
on them. I want to assign the same mail domain for the users of both boxes.

I was thinking of a workaround for this. Here is a possible scenario. In this
scenario, every email to user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com will reach to first host,
say HOST
A. when the mail is delivered to procmail for local delivery, it first tries a
local mailbox. if it can not do that becuase the user does not exist(and no
other reason) it should forward email for the second host HOST B and pretend
DELIVERED to its MTA. however if the procmail of HOST B finds that the user
does not exists on HOST B(assuming there is no HOST C involved) it will bounce
back the email. My question here is that if it's possible to implement this
scenario, how should i configure sendmail and procmail. I specially don't know
how can i setup a rule that matchs to emails that are going to bounce back
because the user does not exists.

There might be better ideas to implement this. so if somebody has a better idea
I'd like to know about it.

Regards,
Mohsen Moeeni,