Filtering [base64] encoded spam

2002-10-07 19:28:27
   Content filtering of spam has worked very well for me, but one has
just snuck past my rules. It was nothing more than base64 encoding of
the body which let it through.

   I was thinking of putting such emails through an unconditional filter
rule, so that the body can be scanned, but:

   mimencode -u generates gibberish, from the non-base64 parts.
   uudecode claims to handle base64, but complains: No `begin' line
   munpack says: Did not find anything to unpack

   Is anyone aware of a utility that can be used in-line, to decode what
it can, and pass the rest unmolested?

   If not, with a few lines of awk I could filter out the offending bit,
convert it with one of the above tools, and change the
email. (I just don't want to reinvent the hubcap)

Regards,
Erik