variables

2002-10-09 16:32:07
Is there some way that I can do something that looks like this:

| /usr/bin/foo  #This is a filter that returns an exit code
EXITCODE=$?

And then, based on the exit code, either send the email to the default delivery point or to an alternate (like /dev/null).

Also, it is possible to do this not simply on a True/False conditional test, but something of a select statement where I can address three possible conditions?

Or is there some different way that might be easier to do?
--
Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit.