Re: adding the headers of all messages

2002-10-17 10:47:46
Hi -

* dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com wrote on Oct 17, 2002 [10:48, -0400] :

:0 hwc
* !^FROM_MAILER
| gzip >>headc.gz

After a while, this file tends to get big. So, I remove it after a while,
and I could write a script that deletes it once it reaches a certain size.

Thanks for pointing out the trailing colon.

I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier, but I am already using a
neat way to put the date on files through procmail.

So, here's what works:
D=`date '+%m%Y'`
:0 hwc:
* !^FROM_MAILER
| gzip -9 >> backup/headc_${D}.gz

And then I can delete the old log-files through a script with cron, always
deleting the last month or the log file 2 months ago.

Thanks for your suggesting ... it made me remember. :)

--
CU, Niki
*Draft beer, not people*