Re: setting up /etc/procmail

2002-10-23 01:12:12
On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 12:48 PM, Abid wrote:
All spam marked by spamassassin to go to "/tmp/spam" and not in
the users mail.

A pretty bad idea unless SA's threshold is set so high as to make it mostly useless. Diverting all mail (for all users) into a single mailbox based on SA's scoring is going to cause lost mail. FOr example, some of my monthly statements get tagged by SA at a score of about 7, IIRC. I'd be really pissed if those ended up outside my mailspool.

# Set to yes when debugging
VERBOSE=no

If you're having trouble set this to YES and look at the log.

:0fw
* < 256000
| spamassassin

Full path would be a good idea. Also, I believe spamassasin by itself needs a flag (mine is -P) but I am not at the machine with SA installed on it so I can't double check this. `man spamassassin` would be good. IIRC, if you just call spamassassin alone it will deliver the message while if you use the -P flag it pipes the message through SA and then the message is able to continue going through the procmailrc.

:0:

should work assuming /tmp/spam/almost-certainly-spam exists, right?