Re: setting up /etc/procmail

2002-10-22 11:19:56

On Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002, at 09:14 Canada/Mountain, Abid wrote:

Quick question about setting up /etc/procmail

/etc/procmailrc

.  I am not sure if I need a ".forward" file with the /etc/procmail

if a user has a .forward file it OVERRIDES the system-wide /etc/procmailrc file. (We just covered this on the list, in fact)) unless the user specifically calls

INCLUDERC=/etc/procmailrc

and I'm not even sure that works (I can't think why it wouldn't as long as /etc/procmailrc is world readable).

I have procmail installed and working properly in users home directories but I
want to use a system-filter.

This would mean disabling the user's own .procmailrc file.