Re: Bug in the man page?

2002-10-28 12:48:32
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com wrote:

From: Udi Mottelo <uuddii(_at_)eng(_dot_)tau(_dot_)ac(_dot_)il>

    From the man page:

     <    Check if the total length of the mail is  shorter  than
          the specified (in decimal) number of bytes.

    I understood that "total length of the mail" is equal to "HB"
    flags.  Anyway, I tried to force check on the Body only:
[...]

No.  But, as it turns out, or so I've been told recently when I
asked a similar question, the size-check condition seems to ignore the
up-top B and H flags.  To do only the body, I've had good luck with

        It ignores the "H" only.  In case of "B" it must not work
        because of its definition to work on the total.  It is OK.

putting the flag on the condition line itself:

      :0
      * B ?? > 5000

That doesn't explain your reported results, though.  But maybe you
misinterpreted the data?  Not sure, but try the flag on the condition

        Yes, I guess that you right - it was my mistake.  I started
        with yours style because I need to check the header and the body
        length - after I failed I tried the other ways.  Heartened by you
        I tried again... and success.  Many thanks.

Bye,
 Udi