Re: Delay in receiving mail

2002-10-29 11:17:18
On Tuesday, Oct 29, 2002, at 07:26 Canada/Mountain, Santiago Vila wrote:
Tell fetchmail to give messages directly to procmail, not to your MTA.
Read about the `--mda' command line option or the `mda' keyword in the
fetchmail man page.

Is there any reason not to do this? that is, I don't see a delay in getting mail from fetchmail into my imap mailboxes, but should fetchmail be set to use procmail anyway instead of the local MTA??