Delay in receiving mail

2002-10-28 16:03:19

Hi,

I am fairly new to this and I am not very computer literate but I set up
procmail to filter incoming mail - which it does quite well.  My problem
is that there is a considerable delay between downloading the mail via
fetchmail and being able to view it  with my Pine email programme.
The delay varies.  Sometimes ten minutes; sometimes up to an hour.

My version of Procmail, if it helps, is v3.11pre7 and I run it on Suze
6.2

Is there something I can do to reduce the delay between fetching the mail
and being able to read it?

Niall

--
Nomen est. Res non est.
 The name exists, the thing does not exist.

http://www.esatclear.ie/~nmoore