Re: ^^3^^

2002-10-28 16:09:01
Dallman Ross wants to use,

|       * $ ! $= ?? ^^3^^

The var ?? syntax doesn't work with special variables, and keeping the dollar
sign doesn't make it work.  You need to save it in a plain variable first, as
Sean Straw was illustrating:

SAVEDSCORE = $=

and as the condition,

 * SAVEDSCORE ?? ^^3^^

However, I would advise against doing this:

  * $ -$SAVEDSCORE^0

because, if $SAVEDSCORE is already negative, procmail expands it to

 * --somenumber^0

which is taken as a regexp (and the caret to represent a newline) rather than
a scoring weight.  The best way I've found to subtract a number in a variable
is this:

 * $ $VARIABLE^-2 HOST ?? ^^.|.^^