Re: ^^3^^

2002-10-29 08:01:41
Dallman Ross skribis:

I refuse to full-body-grep each
message that comes in.  That is the same philosophy that spawns all
bloatware.  In my quest to do better than SA on my own, I use
*essentially no* body greps.  I find that I can consistently
catch 99.7% of spam, with very few false pozzes, using only
header matches.  I don't even look for $$$$$$$ or !!!!!!! or
"FREE!!!" in the Subject:.  Not that it's not a useful check; but
I just don't need it.  The spam gives itself away by characteristics,
so I rarely need to rely on specific choices of spammy words.

Don't forget to mention DNSBL (blocking (or tagging)) on the IP-address
of the server that tries to deliver mail to your server. That is always
a good start, you can easily refuse a good part of all spam-mail at your
outer gates with that.

And also look at http://www.xs4all.nl/~rvtol/procmailrc.txt for a recipe
that finds almost all spam, based on the IP-nrs in all Received-headers.
That may be an optional technique to enhance SA, for those without access
to the glories of DNSBL.

--
Affijn, Ruud