Re: Delay in receiving mail

2002-10-29 07:35:00
Niall Moore wrote:
I am fairly new to this and I am not very computer literate but I set up
procmail to filter incoming mail - which it does quite well.  My problem
is that there is a considerable delay between downloading the mail via
fetchmail and being able to view it  with my Pine email programme.
The delay varies.  Sometimes ten minutes; sometimes up to an hour.

My version of Procmail, if it helps, is v3.11pre7 and I run it on Suze
6.2

Is there something I can do to reduce the delay between fetching the mail
and being able to read it?

Tell fetchmail to give messages directly to procmail, not to your MTA.
Read about the `--mda' command line option or the `mda' keyword in the
fetchmail man page.