formatting unwrapped mail?

2002-11-05 09:51:00

So, I'm subscribed to a newsletter or two that sends unwrapped mail, but
fmt does a fine job wrapping the body of the message. Unfortunately, it
also wraps the headers. What I'd like to do is send the headers of the
message to a file, then send the body through fmt and then to the same
file. I'm not worried about any race conditions, as it only comes in
once a day (or week). I'm thinking something like this, below. Comments?

:0 h
* ^(FROM_)whoever
/some/file

:0 ba
| fmt \
/some/file

Thanks,
Steve

The average person needs trepanation like he needs a hole in the head. -ca