POP3 Prxy + Procmail

2002-11-08 09:46:56
Hi Guys,

I'm sorry if this not the correct place to be asking this question, but I
simply can't belive that the solution does not exist, and noone on my distro
list has answered with a good solution.

I am trying to find a solution that alllows me to run a POP3 proxy internal
to my office, and push the mail through a procmail filter in order to filter
out spam and viruses. I have found a couple solution that allow various
users on a box to do something like this, but realistically my users are
alll using $MS MAU's like outlook and outlook express.

Is there a simple solution out there that will allow me to setup a linux box
as a POP3 proxy, have all my users use that box as thier POP3 server ...
have it relay the requests and allow me to write procamail rulues to filter
out spam ?

Thanks
Warrick FitzGerald