Re: scoring

2002-11-11 03:50:45
dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com wrote:
From: Tom Allison <tallison(_at_)tacocat(_dot_)net>

But I'm not seeing how to get the result of spamassassin to be registered as a scoring value...

:0
* 1^0 |spamassassin -e -d
{ }

but everything comes back with a 1 no matter what.

First of all, you'd need the HB flags to conduct a condition-line
test with an external program.  Second, even if your guess
at syntax worked, procmail wouldn't save the score unless you
do something specific to tell it to.  Third, the -d flag to
SA undoes the result.  So even if you had something that
worked, you wouldn't know it.  Fourth, the -e flag to SA
produces an exit-code of 1 if spam, but to procmail, that's a
failure.  So you have to invert the test.

According to the procmailsc file this should (almost) work.
-d will return the email unmodified.
-e will return 1 if spam, 0 if not.

I want to capture that response (-e) as a score of True|False without modification of the Headers.

I also want to extend this to score a non-zero reponse from the likes of bogofilter.

What I am eventually looking at doing is running a variety of applications, each adding their own response to the equation, so that I can take different actions depending upon the spamminess of an email.

For example. I get a lot of emails received that have invalid email addresses despite my postfix configuration rules to limit domain forges. I want to check the email address and if I get a reponse of No Such User, then add ~1 to the score.

Anything with bogofilter=Yes + Spamassassin=Yes + No-User=Yes = 3 get's tossed without notification.

But I understand that filtering through all these headers would take a little more space and time than I need to spend.

--
QOTD:
        "What women and psychologists call `dropping your armor', we call