Re: Messages cause fetchmail to crash? [OT]

2002-11-11 13:57:07
On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, LuKreme wrote:

L> I use procmail to get filter my mail after fetchmail gets it.  I've
L> noticed I have to restart fetchmail fairly frequently, after going into
L> my mail server and manually deleting a message that cause fetchmail to
L> implode.  Does anyone here know what's happening ort can anyone point
L> me somewhere?

Things to try with recalcitrant servers:

Kick it with expunge, it cleared server consitipation for me, e.g.

user toi(_at_)example(_dot_)com with password xxxxxxxxx is moi here expunge 20

The faq says that Redhat 6 and possible other modern Linuxes can stall due
to timestamps, so use

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps

mtu/mru with ppp and fetchmail is apparently and issue:

# mru/mtu for fetchmail
mru 552
mtu 552

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )