Variables translated to folders in recipe

2002-11-13 11:45:59
Hi folks,

I want to make my recipes more configurable, so I'm referencing variables
for my folder names, for example:

BULK="myfolder"
:0:
* ^Sender: debian-list
$BULK

However, if I want to change from folder to action, ie:

BULK="| gzip >>bulk.gz"
:0:
* ^Sender: debian-list
$BULK

procmail places the message in a *folder* called "|". How do I reference
actions inside of variables, without procmail construing my actions as
folder names? Or are there more appropriate tools for this?

For background, I'm using SHELL=/bin/sh on Solaris 2.

Tyler