Re: Duplicate message filtering

2002-11-16 15:34:35
On Sat, 16-Nov-2002, at 12:20:44 -0700, Tyler F. Creelan wrote:
I'm using the recipe below to filter duplicate messages, however if a
message is addressed to both me and the procmail users list, the message
addressed to me arrives first, and is not routed to the "procmail-list"
folder.

So how do I ensure messages end up in the appropriate list folder while
filtering out duplicates?

I do it with two recipes:

# Catches mail FROM the list
:0
* ^List-Id:.*mailman-users\.python\.org
$MLDIR/\(UnixStuff\)/Mailman

# Catches mail to me AND the list.
:0
* ^TOmailman-users
$MLDIR/\(UnixStuff\)/Mailman

Doesn't matter which one arrives first.

You might also spank people with a broomstick who insist on sending you copies of list posts. I've still not seen a good method for doing that, but it would need to be done BEFORE the dupe check.

--
I mistoke thee for thy better
  Hamlet Act III scene 4