Re: Simple rc check - and Mac user's questions

2002-12-04 11:14:11
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:59:12AM -0500, Jefferis Peterson wrote:
 Forgive my ignorance, but my FTP program has both upload as Text, Binary,
or MacBinary. I chose Binary and it seemed to work as it should for my rc.

Now, does binary preserve the file as ascii?

Slightly OT, but...
Binary says "don't try to interpret or translate this file in anyway. Just
save the bits exactly as they are." Ascii says "Figure out what the right
format of ascii text is for the receiving computer. EG: convert Windows CR/LF
to Unix CR, etc"

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.