Re: conditional INCLUDERC files??

2002-12-11 10:05:47
At 10:43 2002-12-11 -0500, Mark_Saunders did say:
Is it possible to have a conditional INCLUDRC file in /etc/procmailrc?
This example does not work.

What does a VERBOSE log say about it? Perhaps the directory spec for the script isn't correct - if there's a problem with it, procmail really should be emitting something to the log.

FTR, conditional includercs work just fine on my systems - I use them all the time for excluding some rigorous spam checks if the user is in a greenlist, and that is basically the same logic as what you're doing here, so far as procmail is concerned.

I caught Nancy's response before I sent my queue, so I ran a quick test on 3.15.2 (which I still run on my primary system), and I found absolutely NO difference between leading whitespace or not on a conditional INCLUDERC - it worked either way. I humbly submit that you probably have a directory problem, or your "something like" isn't exactly the same as the condition you're checking and there is a syntax problem with it, OR, the processing never even reaches that point.

BTW - the *VERSION* of procmail is useful if you're reporting problems with something. Perhaps you're running an ancient version. Have you checked the revision history at <http://www.procmail.org> ?