RE: BOGUS.root.xxx files

2002-12-12 17:41:16
listuser(_at_)neo(_dot_)pittstate(_dot_)edu
[mailto:listuser(_at_)neo(_dot_)pittstate(_dot_)edu] wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com wrote:

The BOGUS issue has come up before on this list.  Here's one entry I
found quickly -- it may or may not be as informative as some others.
Suggest you search the archives further, but primarily, it does seem
like it could be a permissions issue.

0051.html

I too have had a similar type problem [. . . .]

All of the users in BOGUS.$USER.random exist but as you can see they
aren't the same as the user that owns the file.  I'm using 3.22 and my
mail spools local to this mail system and aren't NFS mounted anywhere.
Home directories are mounted from another server though.  I never have
figured out whats causing them.  BTW, this is a RH 7.2 box running
Sendmail 8.12.6.

This is just a guess, but I'd strongly advise you to run efsck.  Years
ago I had munged file ownership like that which was the result of
corruption in the file system.

--
Dallman Ross

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."
        Thoughts of Rev. Sunnan Kubose, from _Zen in the Markets_