Re: Decoding Base64 before Processing

2002-12-31 09:52:53

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:26:23 +0100 Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com>
wrote:

You're welcome for my having bothered.

Oh, and: excuse me?  You offered a link, and I read the page pointed to.

It was of a list member asking a question.  If you wanted to offer the
solution, well, why didn't you offer a link to the solution elsewhere
in the thread?  I didn't know your link to a post was supposed to
elicit in me the desire to read the entire thread surrounding it.

Well, this is just a stupid conversation. I posted a link to a thread to
possibly help the OP find his answer. You blasted me for telling the OP that he
might have to read the answer to the question in the thread, not just the
starting question.

The
community is split pretty solidly on this issue, so don't imply that it's some
faux pas not to know your preferences by osmosis.
would have expected you to quote (link to) the meat, not the fluff.

My aplogies, I never knew that half the folks on this list like to get double
posts. Most lists I'm on folks like one reply. I'll rely on procmail to delete
the dups then.

Okay, I've gotten A LOT of help from this list, saw a question that I could
quickly answer since I just found the answer myself, and got cut down because I
gave a starting point of a thrad that has an answer. Hoped I could give just a
little back. (Thanks in no small part to postings here I successfully filter
3500+ virused  and 3000+ spam mails each month.)

My sincerest apologies to all the members of this list. I promise I will listen
in total silence from now on. I read lot's of lists that I can reply to when
I hope the share something I've learned.