Re: whaaa??

2003-01-01 09:09:40
I GOT IT!!!!

Here's what happened.
I accidentally downgraded spamassassin to a version which no longer did a default STDOUT pipe. I needed a '-P' added to the spamassassin line.

Because of this, the email was being delivered by spamassassin to the $DEFAULT mailbox, as it understood it.

What procmail was trying to do, I guess, is process through the rest of the steps with a NULL message -- which would never match any of the regex expressions.

Apologies for the bother, but hopefully at least this last part will be useful to others as something to look for when you code is acting totally whacked.

procmail, as always, was doing exactly what it was told to do, it just didn't match NULL very well. :)

Tom Allison wrote:
procmail: Executing " bogofilter -p -e -f -u | spamassassin -a"
procmail: [15814] Wed Jan  1 10:39:03 2003
procmail: No match on "^X-(Spam-Status|Bogosity): Yes"
procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored
procmail: No match on "^X-Spam-Status"
procmail: No match on "^From:"
Comes from:

:0 fw
| bogofilter -p -e -f -u | spamassassin -a

:0
* ^X-(Spam-Status|Bogosity): Yes
*!^X-Loop
{ ....... }

:0c
* ^X-Spam-Status
/dev/null

:0c
* ^From:
/dev/null

============================

I'm doing something wrong?
seems procmail is pretty busted at this point in the game.

I checked the email and it actually does have a From: header.... duh!

Is there any way that this could be an error from a left over quote mark or something weird like that?

As far as I've been able to tell, the line
|bogofilter...
works, but not one of the regex tests works at all.

--
"You need tender loving care once a week - so that I can slap you into shape."
- Ellyn Mustard