Re: [Procmail] Re: Autoresponse based on email address

2003-01-03 17:30:53
On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 05:04:22PM -0700, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

  :0 h c
  * ^TO_webmaster(_at_)pcraft(_dot_)com
  * !^FROM_DAEMON
  | (formail -r -I"Precedence: junk" \
      -A"X-Loop: webmaster(_at_)pcraft(_dot_)com" ; \

         cat /path/to/message) | $SENDMAIL -t

    Thank you Scott.  I've added this to the top of my current recipe
(which just adds subject tags) but it's not working.  My subject tagging
still works, but messages send to webmaster(_at_)pcraft(_dot_)com don't
generate
the autoresponder.  (Yes, I changes the /path/to/message :) )  Is there
some way of debugging this to see if it's causing an error or something?

Mr. Sean Straw has documented a sandbox method of testing/debugging:

    <http://www.professional.org/procmail/sandbox.html>

In short, put this at the top of your rc file:

   LOGFILE=/path/to/logfile
   LOGABSTRACT=all
   VERBOSE=on

and send yourself a message you believe matches your criteria. The
verbose procmail output will be in the logfile you specified. It's
very detailed (use the sandbox method if this is a live system).

Scott
--
Scott Wiersdorf
scott(_at_)perlcode(_dot_)org