fetchmail: SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error

2003-01-07 02:20:43
I started getting this error in fetchmail (yes, I know this is not a fetchmail mailing list, so bear with me). After doing a lot of troubleshooting in fethcmail I decided to take a look at what procmail was doing when fetchmail blew up.

All that was happening at this point was that procmail was dropping the messages because they matched the msgid.cache file, however, fetchmail was consistently dying on the 62nd message for one account.

So, I moved the msgid.cache file to msgid.cache.old and restarted fetchmail.

Everything worked perfectly and all the messages where downloaded (and lots of dupes, of course).

The question is WHY?

my caching recipe is pretty basic:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 16384 msgid.cache

I've seen it 1,000 times, though usually it's not 16K, however, I get a LOT of email messages on this account as all my list mail comes into it, so I doubled the size to 16K from 8K.

--
BUGS: There is no conversion specification for the phase of the moon." strftime(3) man page